19.1 C
London
Friday, August 29, 2025

Cole Palmer makes feelings clear on Chelsea’s Kobbie Mainoo transfer interest

Cole Palmer appears to have endorsed Chelsea‘s bid to sign Manchester United midfielder Kobbie Mainoo.

The Manchester United midfielder’s future has come under scrutiny and he has emerged as a player the Red Devils might consider selling after previously being deemed ‘untouchable’. The 19-year-old has yet to agree to terms over a new deal and the parties are said to have reached a stalemate.

Mainoo’s contract runs until June 2027, but includes the option for a further 12 months. A new agreement was expected to recognise the academy product’s status as a first-team regular, but instead the possibility of a move this month or in the summer has been raised.

United’s star is said to have concerns over the direction of the club and the possibility of playing Champions League football with the club in 13th place in the Premier League.

Chelsea have already been presented as early favourites for a deal, and Palmer, it would seem, would be pleased to welcome his England team-mate at Stamford Bridge. The Blues’ talisman liked a post on Instagram suggesting Chelsea were leading the race to complete a transfer should Mainoo make his exit.

“News today of Chelsea leading the chase for Kobbie Mainoo if he leaves Man Utd. What do we think? Would this be a good move for him?” read a post by TheSecretScout1.

The pair already appear to have struck up a bond, with Palmer making use of Mainoo’s celebration after scoring in the Euro 2024 final against Spain. “I ran to the byline, told Cole to do my celebration as well – which he did,” Mainoo told GQ. “I was gassed.”

Palmer meanwhile was happy to praise Mainoo’s qualities in the same interview. “He knows I think he was the best player at the Euros. And obviously what he’s doing for one of the biggest clubs in the world…” the 22-year-old.

Mainoo’s reply: “It’s been crazy in his first full season for the club – to be up there in goals and assists and goal involvements. It’s massive.”

Reports claim that Mainoo is not the only player to have an uncertain future. Manchester United will listen to serious offers for any of their first-team squad this month amid their struggles.

Alejandro Garnacho and Rasmus Hojlund are also now expendable having been deemed indisposable last year. Mainoo and Garnacho are considered homegrown players and as a result would be particularly valuable sales to help work within the confines of profit and sustainability rules.

Join our new MAN UTD WhatsApp community and receive your daily dose of Manchester United content from Mirror Football. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.

Sky has slashed the price of its Essential TV and Sky Sports bundle in an unbeatable new deal that saves £192 and includes 1,400 live matches across the Premier League, EFL and more.

Can United mount a title challenge? Get our FREE daily Manchester United email newsletter

Latest news
Related news